Monday, December 7, 2009

My Merry Christmas-ish Weekend


On Friday, I was invited by Megan to go into the city to enjoy some Christmas festivities with her and some of her friends. We went to Bryant Park and watched them do some synchronized ice skating and some singing and then the lighting of the tree. Then we went to see the tree at Rockefeller Center (which is pictured above) (and which was so amazing!) Then we went to a great thai restaurant called Room Service and ate dinner. We wandered around the city a bit then Megan let me crash at her apartment in Brooklyn so that I didn't have to ride the train back to Connecticut that night (did I mention that this was the first time I met this really wonderful girl? My sister-in-laws brother gave me her number when I was in Utah for Thanksgiving...thanks Kevin, she's really great!). The next morning Meg and I went to brunch in Brooklyn (FYI, I am now in LOVE with Brooklyn, I haven't spent much time there but its so great!) at this little restaurant that I WILL be back to because it was AMAZING! It was called Watty and Meg's and it was delicious, and quaint and spectacular. And delicious! Once back in Connecticut, I did some Christmas shopping and topped the weekend off with a little Christmas movie watching. Oh yeah, and on Saturday night, my dear friend Sadie came over with some chinese food and hung out for a while. It was such a great weekend!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

FUN! Isn't the city crazy crowded right now?! I couldn't believe it when I went during Christmas. There are just SO many people on the streets! I'm glad you had fun. Love ya!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! How fun. I'm still looking to come there for the summer! :)