Friday, March 11, 2011

Last Day in the City...for now...

6-12-10
June 12th was the last day that I got to spend in The City before moving back to Utah. It was a beautiful day, and I had plans to do nothing in particular, which is my favorite way to spend the day in New York City. I started out by going to brunch because whats not to love about brunch? Great food (french pancakes) and a mimosa is such a wonderful way to start the day, especially if its not early enough to be called breakfast! I went to The Village and ate at Yaffa Cafe on St Mark's place, its a great little cafe with so much personality (you pretty much have to have a ton of personality if you want to be a restaurant or establishment on St Mark's place) Yaffa stays open 24 hours a day so if you get there early enough on Saturday morning its basically full of people just wandering over from the clubs on Bleecker Street from the night before.

After that I just wandered The Village for a while. I found a little street fair going on and shopped and enjoyed myself there for a bit. Then I made my way up to Central Park to wander around there for a while. I went to Strawberry Fields to see the Imagine mosaic that pays tribute to John Lennon and to see The Dakota (which is the apartment building just outside the park where he was living and that he was shot in front of). I also just hung out for a while around the park and watched the tourists, the locals, and the rollerbladers in all their flamboyant wonderfulness.

After I was done hanging out in the park, I decided to go to the NY Public Library, cause it was one of the things I wanted to do while living back there but hadn't done yet...unfortunately that list is a long one...I went inside and looked around then just sat out in front of it and enjoyed the sunshine and the pulse of the city. I did a little more wandering around, got a little shopping in, and that was about it. It was kind of sad to me as I rode the train back to Connecticut and tried to imagine when I would be able to get back to NYC. Hopefully it wont be too incredibly long.

1 comment:

Sarah Jean said...

What GREAT pictures.