Saturday, August 8, 2009

New York City

Today I went to New York City for the first time since I've lived here. I went with my friend April, and a group of her friends who were all really nice. It started out as a group of 9 girls, but we were all moving at a different pace so we ended up splitting up and I went with April and Sadie to hang out and see the city. We had lots of fun. It was Sadies first time ever being to the city and it was fun to see it through her eyes. The first thing I did was to get a bagel at Hot and Crusty in Grand Central Station. YUM!

And I discovered something wonderful today...there is ANOTHER Hot and Crusty! Its a full bakery! One day I will go in! Note to self: its on the corner of 104th and Broadway.

Then we went to the meat packing district and walked along The High Line (which is an old abandoned train line that is about one story up and they turned it into a little walking path/garden area. It looks out over the Hudson River and its really cute and fun).

After that it was just the three of us and we went to get lunch at this place that April knew of. I forget the name of it, but it was SO good! On our way to the lunch spot we turned down a street that was all blocked off from traffic and it had all kinds of booths set up selling things. I bought a new dress that is really cute!

Then we went back to Time Square so that we could wander around and have fun and take all that excitement in. It was pretty cool to spend the day feeling like I could be leisurely and relaxed because if there is something I want to do in the city that I didn't get a chance to do...I can just come back, cause I live out here now. Wow! It was a really great day!!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I miss my city!!! And also, note to you: There are SEVERAL Hot and Crusty's around the city. :) Just so you know. I'm always happy when I find one, too! Er... did. Shoot. I'm glad you had fun! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You and your new city look wonderful! You must suit each other!!! Love you tons and thanks a million times for my birthday call! Miss you! Ahhhh, when is not too soon to come visit??? - A. Becky

Sarah Jean said...

Wow you look so happy, I'm glad you are enjoying it. Love ya lots and miss ya a little bit more.

Brandon said...

I want to come visit too! Keep having lots of fun and go discover some wicked cool places to take me. =]

Shay Lee said...

Wow, you live out there now. Weird. But fun too. You know I am going to be expecting MANY souvenirs. LOL
Just kidding.. . I think.

angie said...

There is a children's book about one possibility for the High Line...it is called The Curious Garden by Peter Brown and it is really darling!

Meandering Mel said...

Awwwww, I want to go to NYC too!!

It looks like you're doing really good. That's freaking awesome. :)

Jared & Kayleen said...

You look very happy sis, that makes me happy.