Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yum, Sushi!!

On Tuesday night I got together with some friends that I've made out here in Connecticut (April, Sadie, and Chef Patrick) (by the way, Patrick actually is a chef, that's not just a quirky nickname or something...ok, on with the story) and had a delicious meal. I learned how to make sushi!! We all went over to Patricks house and he taught us how to make sushi (mine might have been considered fake sushi since I am vegetarian and don't eat fish...therefore it had no fish in it. I call it sushi anyway!) and tempera (sweet potatoes and asparagus) and April taught us (I'm sure Chef Patrick already knew how...I dunno) how to make Won Tons (I don't know how to spell that so if its wrong, just pretend it isn't...thanks!). It was tons and tons of fun and so yummy! We mentioned that sushi night should be a new tradition and we should do it once a month, cause it was such a great night. mmmmm.....sushi.....

Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera with me so I only got a few not very great shots on my phone, but here they are. It was so great!

10 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

Ewwwww

Anonymous said...

I am very glad you are making friends and having fun, live it up little sis and enjoy every minute of it. Love ya lots, Jared

Brandon said...

Way cool, Dude! I love that when you tell stories you get sidetracked. I've been noticing lately that I do that sometimes too and it makes me think of you. Love you!

Brandon said...

I just realized that mom and I have cartoon likenesses of ourselves for our pictures. Haha. I think mine is a little more accurate (I even bought a melon about that size the other day), but not quite as funny. You should get one too.

Stephanie said...

SO FUN! Don't you just love Patrick and April?! I don't know Sadie... but looks like so much fun! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself! Miss you!

angie said...

so fun! i am a big tempura fan and love a good california roll!

Jen said...

How Exciting! I don't like sushi personally. I get an icky feeling in my tummy after eating it. lol.

nicole said...

I am so jealous!! I love sushi even though technically I eat the california rolls and can't handle the large chunks of fish on the top of the roll...makes my tummy gag. You'll have to teach us all once you come back for a visit!!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm! That's what Uncle Ken would say. Aunt Becky say's the tempura is good but the fish is wayyyy too fishy! But won tons (yep, I don't know how to spell it either) are sooo good!

Shay Lee said...

Those things look beautiful and delicious. Good times! Hope you are having lots more.