Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Friend Santa

I am lucky enough to live within walking distance of work. In fact, it would probably take me longer to get my car out of my parking garage at home, drive over, and park it at the parking garage at work than it does just to walk the two(ish) blocks. In order to get to work, I usually walk through the building that houses the children's museum here at The Gateway. Well, during the holidays they have a little area in that building where Santa comes to hang out, and the kids can sit on his little purple sofa and get their picture taken with him. I LOVE that. I love walking past all the fun holiday decorations every day. I love seeing the kids that are all excited cause they just saw Santa. And I love that I have been walking past Santa on such a regular basis, that we have started to become friends.

It started out slowly. I would walk past, smiling cause I was happy to be seeing all the Christmas spirit around me, and Santa and I would kind of make eye contact and smile at each other. Then after a couple days of that, he obviously noticed that I walk past everyday cause I started getting that little head nod of recognition. One day as I was walking home, I got a full on hand wave from him. A couple days ago, he actually said "hello" to me. And last Friday as I was walking home for lunch, there weren't any children there, so we exchanged a little small talk. It makes me so happy!

So if anyone needs me to do some damage control cause they were a little more naughty than nice this past year, let me know. Santa and I are totally becoming friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's me It's me i love that you are blogging again. Anonamous sjs