Monday, January 28, 2008

The Beaten Path


There is a song by Nora Jones called Long Way Home. The song itself has nothing to do with what it made me think of but the title struck a thought in my little head. Monday through Friday (and lately Saturday too) I wake up, get ready, and go to work. While driving to work I ALWAYS take the same route, and on the way home, same way too. WHY?? I just automatically make the same turns and stop at the same lights or signs when by simply going up or down just one block I could potentially see something completely different. So that is my goal this week. Instead of driving the same path I always drive, I'm going to take 'the long way home' and notice someones quaint front porch swing, or imagine what their garden looks like in spring, maybe I'll find a great new place I need to try for lunch. Or maybe I wont see any of those things, but its worth a try right....

6 comments:

Kimmy Sunshine said...

What a great idea, let me know how it goes. I unfortunately don't get that luxury riding good old UTA, dang it but perhaps a different walk each weekend.

Jen said...

That is such a great thing to do. :) I did that at school for only a couple days though but it makes your day more exciting. Even if its for only a couple minutes.

Sarah Jean said...

Your wonderful - I love you.

catherine said...

I love taking the oddest ways of getting to places and I soon find my favorite houses and bushes and statues. You'll love this new idea, I use it daily.

Anonymous said...

You are full of such great ideas! Thanks for being an inspiration to me...

Anonymous said...

MIchelle , I used to tell Grandpa Henry that we were not lost we were just on an adventure in life when we went to go someplace and we just headed in the right direction but took all different streets.If we looked for an address and couldn't find it for sometime and we went in circles, it was okay because we would eventually find it and we would laugh and tease and smile and have another adventure. I miss Dad. Love Aunt Ethel B.