Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Day

These are just some of the great things that happened today:
  • I woke up 3 minutes before my alarm went off. I love not being jolted awake!
  • It was a little chilly, but the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day
  • I got to the train station just in time to buy my ticket when the train pulled in. I was able to walk right onto the train without having to wait at all
  • It was an express train to NYC. Hooray for minimal stops!
  • I did some shopping on Canal Street. I've never been to New York Citys Chinatown before, so this was kind of fun.
  • I wandered Fifth Avenue and did some shopping at the expensive stores too.
  • I found a couple of Christmas gift type items while spending the day shopping in the city.
  • As I was walking back toward the train station to head home, I bumped into Jesse, a guy that I've met a few times who lives here and attends the local ward.
  • We decided that since neither of us had a plan, we should wander around and hang out together.
  • I got a chance to wander the city a little and sit down and chat with Jesse, who I came to find out is a pretty cool kid.
  • I found out that Jesse and I actually went to high school together for a little while at Bountiful...small world, huh?
  • I was able to sit at a seat with nobody next to me on the train ride home and was able to put my feet up on the seat across from me. You can't imagine how nice this is after a day of NYC shopping!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So fun!!! I love NY and Jesse really is a great guy! I'm so glad you had fun! :)