Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goodnight Sweetheart

I found out last Sunday that one of the best friends I've ever had is gone. Jon Riebeek died Saturday, January 16, 2010. I think that it may be the hardest thing that I have had to deal with in my life to date. It was hard for me to leave him almost three years ago, but this is worse. I have spent the past week being a complete wreck but also remembering the good times. There were a lot of good times. Jon was an amazing person and I will always love him very, very deeply. It's been hard for me to be so removed from the general mourning process of someone that was my complete world for over eight years but I take comfort in the knowledge that he was happy with the life he was building. I wish I could reach out and tell his family and loved ones how sorry I am, and how badly my heart is aching but I don't feel like I can so this blog will just have to do.

Goodnight sweetheart, sleep tight my love, may God watch over you from above... -Tom Petty

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Michelle... :( I am so sorry! I love you so much, let me know if you need ANYTHING ok?!

Jamie said...

Oh Michelle! I am so sorry!! I had no idea! What a loss!

I remember when the two of you met in school and when he asked you out the first time. I didn't get to know him very well, but I always could tell that you put a sparkle in his eye, and that he would do anything for you.

Remember the good times and the memories that you shared with him. May those memories be a great comfort to you during this time. I'll be thinking of you during this time as well. I'm so sorry! Let me know if I can do anything for you... {{HUGS!!}} and LOVES!!

nicole said...

Michelle!! I'm so sorry, I wish I coulddrop everything and just surround you with hugs & kisses! Please let me know what I can do to help.

Kimmy Sunshine said...

Chelle Belle how ever can I help you? Feel free to call me at any hour to talk. I love you sweetheart and my thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time. Love you!

Sarah Jean said...

It hurts me to have you hurt. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh dude. I'm so sorry. I know that a big part of you will always love John. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love your A. Becky

angie said...

I am so, so sorry.

Roy said...

Michelle- so sorry to learn of your hurting heart.

U. Roy