Saturday, March 13, 2010

How Little Girls Play Basketball


  • Everyone runs to whichever end of the court is appropriate
  • The ball is dribbled (a little awkwardly)
  • The ball is passed to one of the little girls
  • Every single member of the team then puts her arms up and yells the name of whomever has possession of the ball, over and over again
  • The girl that has the ball stops, looks around (for at least...oh I don't know...thirty seconds maybe), and passes the ball to whomever is yelling her name the best
  • At this point, the routine is either repeated, or the ball is hurled towards the basket
  • They do it all over again

It is maybe the cutest thing you'll ever see. I love to watch it, just cause its so darn entertaining!

"Maddy! Maddy! Maddy! Here Maddy! Over here Maddy! Pass it to me...Maddy!"

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha! That's sort of how they play soccer too, huh? So hilarious! :)

catherine said...

Hey Cutie!!!!!
I can't BELIEVE I have wasted so much time, not finding you on your blog. You are fantastic and I'm sooo jealous. When I lived in Manhatten with Angela I found such grand places and reading about what you were doing made me want to be there. You look and sound wonderful. I'll check now for sure all the time. Keep being that unique and wonderful you. Catherine

Shay Lee said...

How cute!

Anonymous said...

Michelle! Thank you for blogging!!! I think you're the only one in forever that has blogged (okay, so we don't have a blog to blog to and I'm culpable too but . . . ).

If you think watching little girls play b-ball is cute, you should watch little boys play soccer. They run in mass (regardless of where the ball is) and they back up from the ball so they don't get kicked by the other kids (I don't blame them, I did the same thing!) and they get easily distracted by bugs or grass or wind or dandelions. It really is the best!

Love and miss you! A. Becky

Unknown said...

HAHA Thats exactly what happens! What a great description :) Too funny