Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Don't be Afraid to Dream


A few days ago (or maybe longer), our wonderful little Steph put a post on her blog about some of her dreams for the future. I loved it, and it made me think of a somewhat profound thought (profound, at least, in my simple way of thinking). Are you ready for it??
DREAM!!!
What is it going to hurt? I think, and I know it sounds silly, but I think, that for quiet some time now I have been just a little bit afraid to dream. Those damn what ifs get in the way!! What if I try and fail? What if I'm not as good as I should be?? What if it hurts my little heart and soul when I aim high and fall short??? I've been through a lot in my life lately and I'm afraid of hurting more than I already do. But Stephie got me thinking (the wonderful girl that she is, I LOVE her!!) that if I don't dream than I'm just holding my own self back. I don't necessarily have to go for the dream right now, I can take baby steps away from this irrational fear of mine, but at least dream the dream. That way I can try when I am ready...or not, but its not going to hurt anything to think about it in the mean time

7 comments:

Kjerstin said...

Oh Michelle! I love ya! This post made me smile. Yes, you should dream! You are so great, I know it will all work out. Best of luck! Keep on dreaming and definitely keep on smiling! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE YOU!!! :D And I love this, too! Dream away, my dear!

nicole said...

I too am one who doesn't let myself dream because of the what ifs and the fear of getting hurt or disappointed. It is an incredibly hard habit to break.

Kimmy Sunshine said...

Dream, dream and then dream again. I love this advice and plan to take it to heart myself. I think I too struggle with this concept for some of the same reasons but you'll never know until you try. Love ya.

Sarah Jean said...

Michelle - look at all the strong wonderful people that commented. Look at all the support you have if you were to fall. If you don't fall you will never learn to walk, let alone run. Although I wish I could just wrap you in a blanket and keep you safe from all trials and tribulations, I know that it is the struggles that make you stronger. You are a very strong person and I am very proud of you. Reach for the moon; you will surly catch a few stars along the way.

For now said...

Love you Michelle!

catherine said...

I went through many, many years of my life when I quit dreaming. It was too painful. But somehow the time passed and I've become a dreamer again, bit by bit. I was a little cautious, but in the end I'm alive again and dreaming is "life". I know I'm a dreamer when I see pictures of the cherry blossoms and they thrill me, instead of make me sad. Keep loving those cherry blossoms and whatever else tickles your senses and before you know it, you'll be a full fledged dreamer again.
LOVE YOU