Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Fun Shoe Story


Once upon a time...

ok just kidding the shoe story doesn't start like that, well, I guess it could...

Once upon a time, last Christmas actually, Mom gave Brandon and I some shoes in celebration of the holiday. Before I unwrapped my shoes Mom warned me that they weren't actually very cute and I was supposed to return them and find some that were more my style. We returned the shoes and were on the hunt until April 19th (which is when this fun shoe story took place)

Mom and I had been looking since January for the right pair of shoes, and while running around Ogden, we decided to stop at a shoe store and look again. While at this shoe store, an amazing thing happened...we BOTH found a pair of shoes that we thought would work. Finally the search was finished!! So we bought the shoes, went to the car and put them on our happy little feet. It was then that I started thinking to myself "these are pretty cute shoes, but I kind of like moms more. Oh well, we've been looking so long and we finally found some, I just wont say anything" Try to guess what was going through moms head...yup, the SAME thing! "These are pretty cute shoes but I think the shoes Michelle got would suit me better. Oh well, I wont say anything cause we've been looking so long and we finally found some." Well we finally (and it took a while) admitted to each other what we were thinking and we ended up turning around so we could go back to the store and trade shoes. I think the sales lady thought we were a little nuts! It was pretty funny to us...but maybe you had to be there...

4 comments:

catherine said...

sounds like a perfect mom daughter combo

Unknown said...

Your right it was pretty funny. A memory that will last forever.

Kimmy Sunshine said...

What a wonderful experience to share, thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you guys.

Kjerstin said...

You guys are so funny about shoes! I love it. This made me laugh! I sure love the shoes I found with you! Yay for fun shoes! =D Let's go to a movie Michelle!