Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Spectacles




I was trying to remember the last time I got new glasses. I think I was 14 or 15 years old. What that means is that it has been about ten years and approximately half a dozen prescription changes. The glasses that I would put on at the end of the day when I just couldn't stand to have my contacts in anymore allowed me see a total of about five feet in front of me (but it was kind of blurry) and were literally held together with dental floss (one of the screws was lost, and the threads were stripped out so i just tied it with floss...hey, it worked) Not to mention that they were, um, cute challenged? unappealing? Nope, there isn't a nice way to say it, they were ugly! But all that has changed! Yesterday I picked up the brand new pair of glasses that I had ordered and I am thrilled! Yay for new glasses!

5 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

They are so cute - you look so dignified. Although I think they would look better with a movie screen in the background instead of filing cabinets.

Kjerstin said...

They are adorable! I love them. I totally understand having ugly glasses. haha! I look at some of my old pairs and wonder if I was more blind than I thought back then. haha! Well, happy new glasses to michelle!

Jared & Kayleen said...

They look better in real person

Stephanie said...

CUTE! :D

Kimmy Sunshine said...

Love them, look at you Miss Smarty Pants.