Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Brave New Adventure...

I can't really believe that this is happening, but it is...On or about July 11th I am going to take myself, a large chunk of my possessions, and my one-way plane ticket to the airport and I'm going to move my little self to the other side of the country. WOW! My darling friend Stephanie has been a nanny for a wonderful family in Connecticut for the past year, but its time for her to move home. When the mother of this family asked her to start thinking about who would replace her she called me (thanks Steph). I was hesitant, (who am I kidding, I'm still hesitant!) but intrigued. I have thought for quiet a while now that it was about time for me to take a step forward in my life, so I talked to Steph, I talked to the family in CT, and I decided to take, not only a step but a giant leap (a leap that spans about 2,000 miles). I'm having a mixture of emotions about the whole thing, the most prominent ones being extreme excitement and paralysing fear...ok, maybe I exaggerated just a little on the fear part, but its a pretty damn scary thought! I'm moving to the other side of the country very soon. Wow, what a brave new adventure this is going to be...

6 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

Oh such mixed emotions - so excited for you and so sad to have you so far away.

Kimmy Sunshine said...

WOW, is right! What an adventure. I am excited and thrilled for you!

Stephanie said...

I love you. I am so excited you're coming, so sad I'm leaving, so jealous that you get my Alex, and so thrilled for YOU! This is the greatest place and I love these kids more than anything. I can't wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

A grand new adventure! We will miss you so and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Many adventures await! Be smart - be happy! We love you! A Becky and U Ken

PS when do we get to come visit?

Anonymous said...

I think you have made a great decision. A chance for some great adventures and a place for Judy and I to visit. you will do great and wonderful things. Keep smiling and congratulations. Harry and Judy

nicole said...

How exciting!! its fun trying new things and you'll be great! But I'll still miss you too, even though we don't do too much together.