Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's What Fun Is

I don't have a lot of time left here in Utah, so when the rain threatened to ruin our plans to go to the local amusement park on Saturday, Brandon and I decided to tough it out and go anyway, even though our friends thought we were crazy for it. (We missed you being there, Mark and Jodi but I totally understand!) I have never been to Lagoon in the rain and it could have very easily made it an absolutely horrible day, especially if the weather man on the radio had been right about his prediction of "deadly lightning storms" but I am very happy to say that I think yesterday was the best day I have ever had at Lagoon. It continued to rain on and off all day, and for a majority of the day we were both soaked but we had a GREAT time anyway. By around 6:00 pm we were both freezing due to our wet clothes and I think we had just about had enough of the cold, wet fun but then something really awesome happened...we decided to go on one last ride and we noticed the rest of the park must have gotten sick of the rain too because there was no line. NO LINE! I have never in my life been able to walk onto a ride at Lagoon but this ride (The Samurai) we walked right onto not once, but five times in a row. No waiting in between! We were getting off the ride and running back through the non-existent line to get back on, feeling like we were 12 years old again! We went back to the car after our Samurai marathon, put some dry sweaters on, and went back into the park to roll with this immature adrenaline high that we were on. It was amazing! I think the only time we had to wait for anything was if we showed up when the ride was already going and we had to wait for it to end so we could get on. We rode the Samurai so many times (I think 11 was the final count at the end of the night) that we ended up practically best friends with the people that ran the ride. The girl working The Samurai was awesome! We had a system going where we would ride a roller coaster or ride a couple times in a row, then go to the next one and ride it a couple times in a row, then go back and ride the first one again a couple times in a row. So many amazing things happened on this Lagoon trip. There was an employee there that would just dance to the music that was playing and one time we ran past and she wasn't there dancing so Brandon said

"Hey, where's the dancing girl?"

"I'm right here." she said

"Well why aren't you dancing?"

"There's no music playing."

"Well dance anyway!"

So she did! Brandon convinced a cute little girl to start singing and dancing! And he didn't even play the game she was running!! Then when we ran past her the next time (yeah, we were basically running back and forth between the rides, I told you, we were feeling like we were about 12 years old!) she convinced him that he needed to dance with her! It was awesome!!

One time we went to ride the Turn of the Century (the swing ride) and we were the only ones there. We totally got a V.I.P. swing ride!

It was such an amazing day! I only had my phone to take pictures with so they aren't the best shots, but here are the few that I got:

Brandon making funny faces at me...yup we not only felt like we were 12, we acted like it too!


Here's Brandon waiting for this horrible ride The Rocket (its the only one I hate!) to take him up into the air, make him sit at the top, then drop him


And here he is falling, I'll admit I like the falling part, its waiting at the top that I can't handle...Brandon had a hard time figuring out how it is that I could jump out of an airplane but I wont go on this stupid ride. I don't know the answer...


Here we are on The White Roller Coaster


Eek! Good advice!!

This is Brandon and I on the one blue rocket type ride that I cant think of the name of. Man that is a great little explanation of a photo, isn't it?!

And here we are...well...acting 12

I think this is my favorite Roller Coaster there. Wicked is what its called. Its awesome!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I bought B's sweater! Ha ha! Looks like SO much fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait to see you!!!

Jamie said...

I love that you have such a good relationship with your bro!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in the rain!

Brandon said...

BEST Lagoon day ever! It's ironic that I'm saying that cause now I'm sick as a dog from that stinkin rain. Thanks for such a great day Sis!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you got sick from it! Thats what you get for playing in the rain all day...I feel a little guilty that I didn't get sick...