Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summerfest 2009

Just some of the things I really enjoyed about being at Summerfest today, in no particular order:
  • Hanging out with the best friend I have ever known, Shay
  • Shay's wonderful family, Jeremy and Harlee coming and playing too
  • Art
  • Kettle Corn
  • Live music
  • That the live music was actually pretty good
  • That Kayleen and Kinley decided to come join us even though we didn't call them until the last minute
  • Shay's sister Cassie
  • That Kayleen bought a watermelon Italian Ice and they mistakenly gave her cherry, so they gave her the cherry one AND her originally ordered watermelon one for the price of just the watermelon one
  • That Kayleen gave me the cherry one
  • Watching Harlee and Kinley running around playing together like cute little one and a half year old girls
  • Cotton Candy
  • Fry bread pizza (basically the scone part of a Navajo Taco with pizza sauce and cheese...yum)
  • Not having to wonder why my tummy is not so happy with me (just check out the food I've eaten today) (it was worth it!)
  • Sitting on the grass and listening to the live music while Shay played with my hair
  • That the afternoon turned out to be a beautiful sunshiny afternoon instead of the rainy one I was afraid of
  • Did I put "the great company" yet?
  • The GREAT company
  • OK, it wasn't part of Summerfest but it happened on the same day that we went to Summerfest and the guacamole we had at Cafe Sabor for lunch was defiantly worth putting on this list
  • Wandering around the booths and enjoying peoples creativity
  • Sluffing work (well, it was scheduled so it wasn't REALLY sluffing) for no other reason than to spend the day playing with friends

I'm sure there are plenty of things that I'm forgetting at the moment, but its late and I'm tired so the list will end here. It was a great day.

3 comments:

nicole said...

Sounds like it was so much fun!!

Lauren said...

lets campfire about summerfest!!

so i am reading this just minutes before i get to go and it is making me really want to sluff work!!

who should get sick first??

p.s. im on your work comp while you are... well im not really sure where you went but yeah i thought that would be interesting to you. :)

Shay Lee said...

I LOVED THE DAY TOO!!! Maybe you should come home very year for summer fest? Would it be worth it? I know it would make me happy. :) LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!!!!