Friday, September 4, 2009

On Our Way Home

Tonight we went to dinner at the country club. Chris, Dorothy, Alex, Madeleine and myself. It was a great meal and great company. Such a beautiful night and we were all in wonderful moods. After dinner Chris, Dorothy & Mad went home in their car and Alex and I took mine. What a great ride home! As we were walking out to the car Alex was singing the song to his dad and I that he had just discovered he "loves!" In my humble opinion, it's a stupid song. Its called "Party in the USA" and its by Miley Cyrus. Anyway, he apparently loves this song and he told me that he was going to search the radio until he found it, and we couldn't go home until he found it either. We got into the car, and guess what was playing...you should have seen his face! It was priceless, he was so, so, so excited! He turned the radio up, opened the sunroof and sang and danced along. Then he kept telling me where to turn so that we could take the long way home and hopefully hear it again. We did take the long way home. And we heard the song two and a half (the first time it was almost over so it didn't count as a full time) times on our journey home. What a great kid. It was worth listening to the stupid song two and a half times to see his excitement about it. Great ride home!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I love him so much! I know that excitement. And miss it every single day! I'm so glad you're having a good time with him. Cherish it. He's THE greatest kid in the entire entire entire world! Love ya, Michelle. :) Hug them for me.

Sarah Jean said...

That sounds like so much fun. We used to love to ride around with all the windows open singing to the top of our lungs. Your are the greatest. Love you

Shay Lee said...

This is so so funny. And what luck that he found it that many times in one ride home. Is this a way popular song right now? I have never even heard of it.