Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rock On NYC...day two...

Sunday was day two of my Rock & Roll tour of Manhattan (if you didn't read about day one, go back a post and check it out). Day two was just as great as day one was, and just like day one there were WAY too many photos to share them all here, but here are a few of them:


One of the stops on the tour was at Washington Square Park. A plethora of musical wonderments! I spent so long just wandering around enjoying the beautiful weather and the people who set themselves and their instruments up all around the park. So great! This is me in front of the fountain and the arch.


This is me in front of The Bitter End. If you have a favorite artist, chances are they have played here. It claims to be New Yorks longest running night club, and the list of names who have played here is unbelievable


And here I am at Cafe Wha? Yet another amazing place, but I'm only going to write two names. Jimi Hendrix. Bob Dylan. WOW!

Speaking of Bob Dylan (one of my all time favorites, in case you didn't know) here I am standing on the street where the cover photo for the album "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan" was taken. This was such a cool thing to me. I was slightly overwhelmed at the actuality of it all and I really, really loved it!

And the last stop on the tour...where else? The Hotel Chelsea. It would have been hard for the weekend to have been any better for me than it was!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You look beautiful. And happy. Makes me happy!

Sarah Jean said...

So glad you are enjoying it. Wish I was there with you. Loved talking to you.

angie said...

I am in love with that top picture of you. You need to blow it up and frame it! You look amazing!