Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rock On NYC...day one...

I'm not sure who in the blogging world knows this so I will say it as a precursor to my story. I LOVE music. I love almost all kinds of music with a passion that is hard to describe but I particularly love older Rock and Roll. The classic, groundbreaking, revolutionary, wonderfully amazing stuff. So when my mom sent me an email before I even moved out here (thanks mom!) about a self guided audio tour of a bunch of great Rock & Roll spots around Manhattan I was very excited. So I got on the website (citylisten.com if anyone is interested) and bought it (for $7.50) and downloaded it so I could do it today. The website said to plan on about two hours to take the tour, depending on how long you stay at each stop...I got through stop 10 of 26. Yup, all day long and I didn't even make it half way. It has been wonderful so far, and since its a long weekend I'm going back tomorrow to finish! Yay!

There are way too many pictures to share all of them, but here are a couple that I liked. I'm thinking the two day trip might turn into a scrapbook. Not a couple pages in a scrapbook, but a whole scrapbook all for itself, so ask me to see it sometime!


This is me on the train going into the city. I was so excited!


And this has been my favorite stop so far...although CBGB's was pretty cool...and I went on a non-scheduled (on the tour) stop to the Morrison Hotel that was also really cool...and the non-scheduled stop at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Annex was pretty neat too...

But that's not what this picture is of. This is the building pictured on the cover of Led Zeppelins' Physical Graffiti album! Cool Huh?!! I Know!! I seriously stood here and looked at this building for at least a half hour, at LEAST! It was really great! I asked a very nice guy to take a picture of me with the building in the background (he and his wife and daughter got very excited when I informed them what he was taking a picture of, by the way).

Anyway, that's it for today...I say that as if this post wasn't miles long, sorry :) I'll fill you in on tomorrows events later, you know, after they happen.

6 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

How cool, I'm so excited you have this picture of you in front of building. I love that you are loving it. I love that you posted about it and can't wait to hear about tomorrow. Love ya - miss ya

Sarah Jean said...

Wow that was a lot of loving going on. ;}

Brandon said...

Who's Led Zeppelin??

Michelle said...

WHAT?!!! I'm not going to disown you as a brother, like was my first instinct, but I am very disappointed. I guess I should be disappointed in myself. I should have taught you better. I'm not sure that I can handle the greif that has just come over me...poor B...OH MAN, I really hope that was a joke!

The Mind of Patricio said...

I myself, am a music affectionado. I used to worked in a Radio station back in the Philippines as a DJ... But I do love Old classic Rock! I freakin worship Bon Jovi actually... lol It's great to know that you love music so much!!!

Shay Lee said...

I am super excited to see the scrapbook!! I can't imagine anything more exciting for you. Actually for me also, Do you think there is one for country music in Utah??? LMAO!!